As soon as you “say yes” there will be so many things going on your mind, so you want to get yourself organized. Purchase a wedding book or a even a plain binder to keep track of all your wedding notes, bills, estimates and photos.
Planning a wedding is a lot of fun but does come with some stress and anxiety. Here are some things you need to do first and then I have also provided a more detailed checklist below.
Most importantly, set the date!
- Determine where the ceremony will and reception will be
- Determine how many guests you want (this could affect the type of venue you choose)
- Determine the type of wedding you want (size, formality, style, color scheme)
- Establish a budget (very important)
- Select your invitations
- Choose your bridal party
- Start Shopping
- Choose and secure a photographer
- Choose and book your reception location
- Select and secure your music
- Begin choosing your wedding cake baker, videographer, and florist
- Select your form of transportation for you and the bridal party
- Think of honeymoon ideas
Most vendors will require a deposit so make sure you carefully read through their contracts in the event you need to cancel or move the date. All of the details can be worked out 3-4 months before the wedding but just make sure to secure the people you want early. Once you select the venue, see when they will have weddings in-house so you can come by and view the set up. This is so helpful seeing what colors, centerpieces, flow nicely in the reception centre. Read wedding magazines and surf the internet to find some different and unique ideas.
Attached is our more detailed wedding timeline: http://www.ijustsaidyes.com/?page_id=2103
Weddings are so much fun. Enjoy, because your engagement will go by fast!!!!